More Thanksgiving recipes… after Thanksgiving! This might just be my favorite one. I also don’t alter this recipe at all from the original-don’t mess with perfection!
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (or large if you prefer!)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla). Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans. Scrape potato mixture into an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; top with marshmallows. Bake at 375° F for 25 minutes or until golden.