I love slow cooker recipes I can start in the morning, forget about all day, then voila… an entire meal in a pot. That’s this recipe. No adding something at the end or sogginess. It cooks perfectly and all of your vegetables, starches, and gravy is included! I adapted this recipe from an original by The Seasoned Mom.
- 1 lb. bag of baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 8-9 boneless pork chops, about ¾-inch thick (about 1.5 lbs. total)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup and dip mix
- 1 lb. fresh baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peeled pearl onions, or 1 regular onion, sliced
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup (NOT diluted)
- Place carrots, celery, and potatoes in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Top with pork chops. I use a lot of pork chops so we can have leftovers throughout the week. Layer the pork chops if there are too many for a single layer. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix seasoning over the pork chops.
- Add mushrooms and onions on top of the pork.
- Cover with cream of mushroom soup (not diluted).
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.